Lead DevOps Engineer
At Stout we design, manufacture, and build machines for the agriculture industry. Our machines integrate artificial intelligence, machine vision and deep learning into smart agricultural tools.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain SaltStack configuration and YAML state files to configure and deploy applications and updates to cloud, on-prem, and mobile minions
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines in GitLab CI
- Develop and maintain utilities for automated provisioning of new computer hardware in assembly line manufacturing
- Configure local and cloud computing hardware to support computational and data storage needs
- Maintain clear documentation to facilitate collaboration, troubleshooting, and future development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 3+ years DevOps experience in a production environment
- Expert with Docker and at least one CI/CD tool
- Expert with Python
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have strong written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management
- Promotes a positive Company image
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, and respectful.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track, and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have strong analytical and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude