Full Stack Software Developer
At Stout we design, manufacture, and build machines for the agriculture industry. Our machines integrate artificial intelligence, machine vision and deep learning into smart agricultural tools.
We have in immediate opening for a Full Stack Software Developer.
This opportunity is a multifunctional role in an exciting ag-tech company. The primary responsibility of the Full Stack Software Developer is to develop and maintain software solutions for image labeling, data analytics, data organization, and machine learning pipelines.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop software for image labeling, data organization, and data analytics
- Configure local and cloud computing hardware to support computational and data storage needs
- Support deployed production systems by implementing performance improvements and new functionality
- Follow best practices for software development including test automation, bug tracking, code reviews, post-deployment support, and updates
- Participate in end-to-end software development from design through implementation, deployment, and maintenance
- Write clean, functional code on the front end and back end
- Write unit and integration tests
- Troubleshoot and debug software
- Maintain clear documentation to facilitate collaboration, troubleshooting, and future development
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a full-stack development role
- Experience with user interface and interaction design
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Apache, NGINX)
- Experience with version control systems, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Familiarity at least one cloud computing platform (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Ability to collaborate with development partners and end-users to design workflows
- Ability to diagnose and fix problems quickly
- Ability to communicate well with others in written and verbal forms
- Understanding of smart ag equipment is a plus
Language and Communication Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have strong written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Promotes a positive Company image and supports the Manufacturing efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, and respectful.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track, and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have strong analytical and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Varies by experience