Stout Industrial Technology, Inc
Artificial Intelligence for Agriculture
WHO WE ARE
Stout is an AI company helping growers automate labor-intensive field work like weeding. Founded in 2019, we sold our first Smart Cultivator in 2020 and now have machines with thousands of hours on them. Each machine can cultivate 1 – 2 acres per hour with one tractor operator.
The Smart Cultivator works as an AI-powered in-row weeder for a variety of vegetables including lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, radicchio, celery, chard, artichokes, collard, bok choy and mustard greens, using mechanical actuation to remove the weeds without the use of chemicals. Perfect for organic and conventional crops.
Growers often develop their own solutions when they can’t find anything able to withstand conditions in the field, which is how Stout got started. The company was incubated inside a grower/shipper operation that has been around for over 50 years and needed an automated weeding solution.
As a result, Stout’s machines are incredibly durable, able to withstand continuous operation and designed for simplicity which means more uptime, fewer headaches and a faster return on investment.
THE SMART CULTIVATOR
The Smart Cultivator combines a proprietary, agriculturally-proven mechanical platform with our cutting-edge Stout True Vision™ technology to eliminate weeds and cultivate ground in a single pass. It decreases reliance on labor and chemical inputs, all while improving farming practices.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
The Smart Cultivator processes 1-2 acres per hour with one tractor operator.
- Self-tuning AI vision system
- Quick seed line adjustments
- Precision seed line tracking allows for tight machine to plant spacing
- Automatic bed height control eliminates bed pressure
- Settings for the angle of attack adjustments to accommodate various soil conditions
- Modular design allows limitless machine configurations
- Built-in shock absorbers for rocky soil
And So Much More…
STOUT TRUE VISION™
Stout Industrial Technology has developed a proprietary vision system combined with cutting-edge software called Stout True Vision™.
Stout True Vision™ cameras capture high-resolution color images, passing them through a convolutional neural network for analysis. Post-processing algorithms produce unmatched precision for identification of plants and automation implementations.
Stout True Vision™ Agriculture
- True plant identification
- Deep learning-based neural network differentiates crops from weeds
- Precision seed line tracking improves coverage by minimizing blade opening
- A neural network trained with Deep Reinforcement Learning
And So Much More…